New Year’s resolutions are made each and every time the ball drops in Times Square and we all sing Auld Lang Syne. Resolutions give us hope for a better, more successful, healthier year. But unfortunately nearly half of all resolutions fail within six months. At our Tuscaloosa dental office, we want to challenge our patients to make resolutions towards a healthier smile and keep them all year long.
- Drink more water. Your body and your mouth both need water to function properly, yet many people don’t drink enough. Slug eight, 8-ounces glasses of some H₂0 every day to keep your body in tip-top shape and your mouth moist and capable of ridding away bacteria.
- Quit smoking. Smoking or use of smokeless tobacco is a serious addiction that often takes several attempts at kicking. We think you can do it, both for your overall health, and your smile. Tobacco use increases the chance for oral cancer, gum disease, and yellow teeth. Quitting may be difficult, but we promise it’s worth it.
- Eat fruits and veggies. Eating a well-balanced diet packed with crisp fruits and crunchy veggies can do wonders for your overall health and your teeth. These foods are loaded with super nutrients that fight off bacteria and inflammation to help keep gums healthy.
- Get that smile makeover you’ve always wanted. If your pearly whites are maybe just a bit too dark, your smile a smidge crooked, or you’re missing some teeth, you owe it to yourself to resolve to get the smile of your dreams. There are many cosmetic dentistry options available to fix any concern from whitening to veneers, dental implants to full-mouth makeovers. Bonus: Oftentimes cosmetic dentistry doesn’t just make you feel better about your grin, it has a host of health benefits, too.
- Visit your dentist in Tuscaloosa. We don’t recommend visits every six month just because we like you (which we promise we do!), but because they are necessary for keeping your smile healthy. At each visit we’ll check for issues and if we find any, we’ll work with you to discuss the best treatment. Many dental problems are fixed successfully if they’re caught early, so don’t put off your dental visits.
If you’re ready to make 2016 the year when you get the healthiest, brightest smile of your dreams, give our Tuscaloosa dental office a call today. We’ll talk about your smile goals and decide on the best plan for you.
Accepting patients from Tuscaloosa, Northport, and Cottondale .